V-Ray 3.3 is out!
A big update to V-Ray for 3ds Max that render most scenes up to 20-50% faster!
V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max also introduces new variance-based adaptive sampler – a new algorithm that makes renders quicker to setup and removes the need to set subdivisions for lights and materials. This makes it much easier for users to get high-quality, predictable renders.
Render most scenes up to 20-50% faster with V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max! V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max introduces new variance-based adaptive sampling for quick setup, uniform noise distribution, and higher quality images – with less dependence on settings for lights and materials.
- Variance-based adaptive sampler (VBAS)
- Better sampling of dark areas and faster sampling of overbright areas
- More consistent noise detection
- Final image quality is less dependent on materials and lights settings
- Improved alpha channel sampling – especially in scenes with depth of field and motion blur
- Works in bucket and progressive rendering modes
Other new V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max features include:
New Global Defaults
- Variance-based adaptive sampler enabled by default
- Automatic sampling of lights and materials – removing the need to set subdivisions manually
Ray Traced Rounded Corners
- Perfectly smooth edges at render time with no additional modeling – based on licensed technology from NVIDIA
- Advanced edge detection with support for concave and convex surfaces simultaneously
- Works with separate objects, VRayProxy objects, displaced objects etc.
New Sky Model and Aerial Perspective
- Hosek sky model to simulate more natural looking skies
- Ground color option for VRaySun and VRaySky
- Aerial perspective for efficient and realistic atmospheric depth
- Fast seamless textures without UVs
- Control over edge blending and texture parameters, including randomization
- Works on procedural geometry
Improved V-Ray Clipper with Render-Time Booleans
- Supports cutaways using any arbitrary mesh
- Ultra-realistic materials with sparkle effects like snow, sand, and car paints
- More robust handling of reflective GI caustics, better light propagation, and more natural illumination of interior scenes
- Distributed light cache for faster calculations with distributed rendering
- More texture nodes – MultiTexture, VRayMultiSubTex, ColorCorrection etc.
- Proxy objects with hair and particles
- VRayFur and VRayPlane objects
- Light include/exclude lists
- Dynamic noise threshold leads to more uniform noise distribution
- Improved sub-pixel filtering
- Improved CPU utilization
- Faster volume rendering with probabilistic sampling
- Faster rendering of proxy objects and instances
- Faster rendering with Forest Pack Pro
V-Ray Frame Buffer
- Compare V-Ray settings
- Load color corrections
- Save LUT files
- V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds Max is a free update for all V-Ray 3.0 customers. Login at chaosgroup.com to download.